Reading time: 1 minutes

85% of LVO Stroke Patients Don't Receive the Standard of Care ... Here's What That Costs Us and How to Fix it. [Infographic]

By Hannah Ostrem

Why do you need a new way to communicate with your care teams?

Why should you change your hospital or EMS system's processes? You've been doing your job the same way for decades, so why change now? 

We're glad you asked. Let's look at Mississippi for example.

Did you know that Mississippi has the highest rate of ischemic stroke in the country, yet we only treat 15% of LVO stroke patients with approved treatment? Of the other 85 percent, those who survive are likely to end up in a nursing home. And that cost is nearly $1 million per person every decade of their life.

Inefficient communication makes true regional systems of care impossible. But, when we can connect ALL members of the care team together on the same communication platform, that system can more quickly IDENTIFY stroke patients, COMMUNICATE with and activate the necessary members of the care team, and DECREASE treatment times for those extremely time-critical patients. After all, when a stroke patient is losing 2 million neurons every minute, we can't afford to waste a second. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 1.43.32 PM

So the real question is: Can you afford NOT to have Pulsara?

ARTICLE CATEGORIES: Stroke
Share This Article    
Hannah Ostrem

Hannah Ostrem

Hannah holds a Master's degree in Neuroscience and a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, which she uses to analyze and interpret the peculiar behaviors of the rest of the Pulsara marketing team.

Read more articles by Hannah Ostrem

Get instant blog updates from the Pulsara team sent directly to your inbox!

The Future of Healthcare Communication: Connected Teams

Connect Yours Now

Schedule a Demo