This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and in e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that we collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App or that you provide to or is collected by any third party. Our websites and other apps have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
When you download, register with and use this App, we may collect information by which you may be personally identified such as your name, title or position, licensure level, email address, and phone number (“Personal Information”). This may include personal information that we collect from (1) you when you provide such information, such as when you create your personal account, add information to your user profile, or contact us with questions or for help; and (2) the hospital or other healthcare facility/provider on behalf of which you are providing medical services to patients in connection with this App (“Organization”). .
• Your name, email address, user name, password, licensure level, department, and other registration information.
• Transaction-specific information, such as search terms, downloaded information and papers, and requests for information submitted.
• Information relating to you that appears in the medical and treatment information of your patients, such as patient treatment response times, and communications about patients transmitted by you, the Organization, and other providers who provide healthcare services to your patients.
• Other information you input into the App or related services.
• Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Application.
We may use Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
• To provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
• To facilitate communications between you and other healthcare providers and the Organization. For example, when using the app other health care providers associated with the Organization and/or a patient of the Organization may be able to view some of your Personal Information.
• To help you and the Organization keep a record of health care treatment and health-related information.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• As necessary, to send patients’ healthcare information to you, the Organization and/or other healthcare providers in an emergency, to allow them to provide care to patients.
• To improve the quality of healthcare through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities. • Subject to applicable legal requirements, to conduct health-related research. We will not publish information in peer-reviewed articles that identifies you personally unless you agree in a separate writing.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates, which may include oversees recipients located in the United States.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Pulsara’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Pulsara about our App users is among the assets transferred.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect information related to your usage of the App and information about your mobile device and internet connection. The technologies and methods we use for automatic information collection may include:
• Cookies and Web Beacons. "Cookies" stored on your mobile device or computer, and web beacons. "Cookies" are files that store small amounts of information on your computer or mobile device and "remember" you when you visit websites. Cookies help make it easier to use websites and surf the internet. They keep you logged in when you are visiting a website, remember when you add an item to a shopping cart, and help make sure that the information you see is likely to interest you. “Web beacons” are graphic image files embedded in a web page used to monitor activity on a web page and send back to a server of the host site, a network advertiser or some other third party information from your browser, such as the IP address, the URL of the page on which the beacon is located, the type browser that is accessing the site and the ID number of any cookies on your computer previously placed by that server. Ability to store cookies can be controlled through browser settings.
• IP Address. We also collect information regarding your IP address, which is a number that identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet. Knowing your IP address is necessary to allow your computer or mobile device to communicate on the internet. We also collect some technical information about your computer or mobile device, so that we can ensure the information we are sending is compatible with your device.
• Real-Time Location. Certain features of this App use GPS technology to collect real-time information about the location of your device so that the App can determine your approximate distance from the hospital or other health care facility where a patient is being transported.
• The Application may be supported by advertising, and the data collected helpssupport the advertising. This helps keep the cost of the Application low.
• We work with analytics companies and researchers to help us understand how the Application is being used and to improve the Application (see "How Google uses data when you use our partner's sites or apps"). None of the data used for this purpose will identify you.
We Store and Protect Personal Information:
• On secure servers. We may keep more than one copy so that if one is damaged, another remains available.
• Only as long as it is needed, as determined by Pulsara in its sole discretion.
• Using security measures such as encryption. Encryption changes data into a mathematical code so that unauthorized people can't read it. It helps protect your Personal Information.
The only way you can opt-out of our use or disclosure of such information is to not to download or use the Application.
We want to be sure that your information is secure, and can't be misused. We protect information about you by using reasonable security measures. These security measures include physical security measures, like a locked data center; administrative security measures, like policies and rules about how our employees use data and who is permitted to handle sensitive data; and technological measures, like encryption. By using several different kinds of security measures, we try to protect your data. However, no security is perfect, and no security system can prevent all security breaches.
THIS APP IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18. Use by an individual under the age of 18 is a violation of the License. If we discover that any person under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information, we will promptly delete that information.
The effective date of the notice is October 1, 2017.
CommuniCare Technology, Inc. dba Pulsara
2880 Technology Blvd W, Ste 183
Bozeman, MT 59718