Mobile Virtual Training Guide
The short guide below will provide best practices and tips for training members of your department to use Pulsara
1. Complete the Pulsara Web-Based Training Curriculum:
- Pulsara MANAGER/admin Training
- This training is for Hospital Admin Users
- Pulsara MOBILE Care Team Training Link
- Pulsara MOBILE STEMI Team Training Link
- Pulsara MOBILE Stroke Training Link
2. Schedule Virtual Training Dates for Pulsara Admins and Super User:
- Best practices:
- Classes are limited to 5-10 Admins/Super Users. Video conference meeting links and agendas will be shared in advance.
- Participants must complete web-based training modules and have successfully logged into Pulsara MANAGER, if admin, prior to virtual training.
- Training considerations:
- Class size
- Duration (virtual training will last 1 hour)
3. Prepare your Devices:
- Make sure that the training devices are running on the most current version of the Pulsara App.
- Devices will need to be connected to a secure wireless network.
- Or if users will be training on their personal devices, ensure that the Pulsara MOBILE application has been successfully downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
4. Account Setup:
- Send new user provisioning email invite via Pulsara MANAGER Manage Invite tab.
- Guide new users on mobile device set up if using their own device.
- Device Alert Settings for iOS and Android
- Enabling critical Alerts for iOS
- Android Notification Settings
- If you have not set up new users, you can use test user accounts.
5. Pulsara Virtual Super User Training Agenda:
- Welcome and Introductions - (lead by Pulsara Implementation Specialist)
- Socialization & Pulsara Virtual Implementation presentation; Edited during Socialization (lead by Pulsara Implementation Specialist)
- Highlight - “why and how of Pulsara” – includes facility provided timeline.
- Pulsara MOBILE Demo (lead by Pulsara Implementation Specialist)
- Catered to meeting participants
- Demo highlights:
- Logging in
- Placing self on-call/next on call
- Creating a patient case
- Walk through of facility workflow (lead by facility leadership)
- Super User hands on practice (lead by Pulsara Implementation Specialist AND facility leadership)
- Users practice on their own or shared devices walking through a full work-flow.
- Starting a case for all methods of arrival - facility-specific
- Information that must be entered prior to selecting the patient type
- Acknowledging a case
- Confirming team member acknowledgment
- Adding a team message/using canned text messaging
- High overview of Pulsara Calling and Video
- Adding/viewing images
- Silencing notifications
- Adding team members to a patient case, etc. based on roles and responsibilities
- Q & A/feedback time
- Meeting wrap up, next steps, timeline
6. Track Your Training:
7. Ask For Help:
- Record who has completed Pulsara training.
- Best practices: Use a sign-in sheet during training/testing to keep track of those who have successfully completed their hands-on training.
- If you are struggling to get your department trained, reach out and problem solve with your Pulsara Implementation Specialist. We have more resources and tools to help.